Awards / Fellowships / Honors (in reverse chronological order):
1. Fellow, Royal Meteorological Society, UK (2021): Elected as a Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society, UK, in recognition of substantial contributions in Research and development, Teaching, and Publications.
2. A K Singh Chair at Associate Professor Level (2020): Awarded by IIT Kharagpur for research and academic contributions in the field of Artificial Intelligence (Al) and/or its application in different domains of science and technology.
3. Faculty Excellence Award (2018): Awarded by IIT Kharagpur for outstanding contributions towards Teaching, Research and Institutional development. Photo
4. James Rennell MoES Young Fellow (2016): Awarded by Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) in collaboration with IIT Kharagpur.
5. Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researchers (2015): Awarded Humboldt Fellowship under the experienced researchers category by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany. Visited Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany as a Guest Scientist for 18 months.
6. Top Teaching Feedback Responses: Recognition by IIT Kharagpur for Receiving Top Teaching Feedback for the Academic Session 2014-15.
9. Prof. R. J. Garde Research Award (2012): Awarded by the Executive Council of Indian Society for Hydraulics for outstanding research in the field of Hydraulics and Water Resources in the Category of Young Scientist. The award contains a trophy, citation and cash prize.
10. ASCE 2011 Outstanding Reviewer (2012): Selected by the Editor of Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers (ACSE) in June 2012.
11. Emerging Leaders Fellow (2011): Awarded by Australia India Institute at the University of Melbourne, Australia for the year 2011-2012.
12. BOYSCAST Fellow (2011): Awarded BOYSCAST Fellowship by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India for the year 2010-11, in April 2011.
13. IEI Young Engineers Award (2011): Awarded by the Institution of Engineers (India) in recognition of my outstanding contribution in the field of environmental engineering.
14. DAAD Fellowship (2010): Awarded by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) through the program called ‘Exchange of IIT faculty’ under memorandum of understanding between the DAAD and IITs for research visit to RWTH Aachen, Germany.
15. International ICE WaRM Fellowship (2008): Awarded by the International Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Management (ICE WaRM), an Australia Government Initiative, in 2008.
16. Fast Track Project Grant for Young Scientists (2007): Received from Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India. Grade awarded ‘Excellent’ (Ref. No. SR/FTP/ETA-26/2007 dated 9th May 2014).
17. National Doctoral Fellowship (2004): Awarded by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) through a competitive selection among all the doctoral students in India.
18. Prof. N. S. Govinda Rao Memorial Medal (2004): Awarded by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for being adjudged as the best ME student among all specializations in the Department of Civil Engineering, IISc, Bangalore, in the year 2003-2004. Photo
19. Obtained GATE Percentile 99.33 and secured 46th All India Rank in 2002.
20. Merit Scholarship: Awarded by Government of India in 1993 for the performance in board examination at 10th standard.
21. National Scholarships: Awarded for talented children from rural areas at secondary school study during 1990 – 1991 at 8th standard.
Last Updated: August 2021