I am an assistant professor of Functional Analysis at the Department of Mathematics at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
My PhD degree in Mathematics was obtained from Department of Pure Mathematics at University of Leeds, United Kingdom under the esteemed supervision of Prof. Vladimir V. Kisil and
Prof. Jonathan R. Partington (Co-supervisor).
In preparation the paper “Geometry of the Parabolic Space” which explains that parabolic geometry is not trivial as compared to elliptic and hyperbolic geometries.
- In preparation the paper “Classification of homogeneous spaces of the group SL (2, ℝ)”.
My research interests are:
Hilbert spaces of analytic functions with reproducing kernels arising from group representations in complex and Clifford analysis;
- Lie groups, Lie algebras and their representation theory, homogeneous spaces;
- Functional analysis, Complex analysis, harmonic analysis.
Current and Past Research Students:
Teaching - Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur:
“No man can be a good teacher unless he has feelings of warm affection toward his pupils and a genuine desire to impart to them what he believes to be of value.”
MA20012 Real Analysis.
- MA41044 Topology, Jan - April, 2010.
- MA32001 Matrix Algebra, July - Dec, 2010.
- MA20105 Linear Algebra, July - Dec, 2011, 2012.
- MA00001: Preparatory Mathematics I, July - Dec, 2013.
- MA20107: Matrix Algebra, July - Dec, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 (Subject Co-ordinator).
- MA10002: Mathematics-II, Jan - April, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014.
- MA20101: Transform Calculus, July - Dec, 2013.
MA61044 Lie Groups and Lie Algebras, Jan - April, 2011.
Faculty Advisor of 2-Years M. Sc. Statistics & Informatics (SI), 2008-2010.
- In-Charge of Departmental Library in MathematicsDepartmental Representative in Central Library, 2008-2010.
- Co-in-Charge of Training and Placement (TnP) for the Department of Mathematics, 2010-2011.
- Member, Departmental Academic Committee (PGR), Mathematics, 2012-2015.
- Member, Departmental Academic Committee (UG), Mathematics, 2012-2015.
- Faculty Advisor of First year of 5 yrs. Integrated Maths and Computing, 2013 - 2014.
- Faculty Advisor of Second year of 5 yrs. Integrated Maths and Computing, 2014 - 2015.
- Member, Purchase committee, Mathematics, 2014-2015.
- Subject Co-ordinator (MA20107 - Matrix Algebra), Mathematics, 2013.
Current Sponsored Projects:
Project Title: Classification of the Actions of Semisimple Lie Groups on Homogeneous Spaces.
Principal Investigator: Dr. Debapriya Biswas
Duration: February 2011 – February 2014
Budget: 1.5 L
Sponsor: ISIRD, SRIC, IIT-Kharagpur.
You could also read:
Information for Prospective Postgraduate Students.
- Complete List of Publications with hyperlinks to papers and reviews.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Some related links—a recommended way to leave my page.
Last modified: August 13, 2014
This document was translated from LATEX by